Sunday, August 23, 2009

Goodbye to summer . . . . .








Goodbye t
o summer. I remember dreading the end of swimming season and yet being eager to learn which teacher I had and whether my best friend, Dianna, and I would be in the same room. Dianna (on the left) and I went to Fannin Elementary from 1st through 6th grades. Here are my 2nd and 5th grade pictures - the grades our granddaughters will start this week.

School sta
rts this week for three of our grandchildren, too, and they've been assembling their supplies. Smelling a box of Crayola Crayons transports me right back to Mrs. Stockton's third grade. School supplies consisted of a Big Chief tablet, a package of colored construction paper, some glue, scissors, two #2 pencils and a box of 24 crayons - oh, and a cigar box - a real cigar box.

1 comment:

40-dayturnaround said...

What nice pictures--and memories! I'm sure Kate and Emma will be just as excited about returning to school as their grandmother was. I'm sure Brock is ready to begin another busy year as well!